Frequently Asked Questions
- I am computer illiterate. It took me forever just
to get on the Internet and I hate learning new programs. How
easy is this to use?
- NewsNet Pipeline is so easy that you don't really have to "learn"
it. We do the setup for you! Once your system is installed, merely
type in your news articles and calendar dates and the program does
- So all we do is enter our events and push a button
to send out the newsletter to our list?
- No -- you don't even have to "push a button!" You tell us how
often you'd like the newsletter sent out (weekly, monthly, whatever)
and then sit back. The letter will automatically be sent out
without any prompting from you or a staff member!
- It sounds like a great idea once it's all set up,
but won't it be a nightmare for one of our volunteers or paid
staff to type in all those names and email addresses?!
- You want your program operational from Day One. So do we!
That's why we will input, at no extra charge, any names and
email addresses that you have on disk or electronic file that
you can email to us at the time of installation. We will put
them in your system so you can use them immediately.
Can we include color pictures or graphs?
- Of course! In fact, that is one of the best reasons to get
onto the NewsNet Pipeline. As they say, a picture is worth
a thousand words. One simple graph can convey the same
information as several paragraphs of explanations. No more
boring newsletters and updates in text formats for your
I'm not sure that we have enough members to justify the cost.
- You may put any names you like on your e-mail list. That
means that you can add, at no extra cost, prospective
members. Without a tool such as NewsNet Pipeline, you would
be spending money on printing and postage to try to attract
new members. Now you can attract new members at no additional
But not all of our members have an e-mail address.
- You may print out a copy of your newsletter and have copies made
as you do now for those without an e-mail address. Internet growth
is exploding, however, and you'll find that many of your members
who don't have an e-mail address now, will soon.
This would be a good program for an active group with many
contributors, but our group is pretty lazy. I'm not sure
that people would be sending in the information.
- All the more reason to hook up to the NewsNet Pipeline.
Communication can turn apathy into inspiration.
Return to NewsNet Pipeline home page.